How to Create Backlinks to Your Website
The Complete Guide To Creating Quality Backlinks to Your Website
Google uses a number of factors when determining the credibility and authenticity of a website. One factor that has more weight when it comes to website ranking is backlinking. The type and quality of backlinks that a website has will determine its Alexa and search engine ranking. Other factors that Google places into consideration include;
- Site speed (how long does it take for your website to load)
- Keyword usage (how have you used keywords in your content or website)
- The amount of time spent on a website (how long do visitors stay on your website)
- Mobile usability (is your website mobile friendly)
Therefore, with the type and quality of backlinks being a critical factor when it comes to site ranking, it’s important to ensure that your website has high quality backlinks from websites with high domain authority. Several years ago, having hundreds of backlinks pointing back to your website would have done the trick.
However, recently, Google decided to change the way it ranks websites. This in turn meant, that having hundreds of low quality rankings would have no impact on the ranking of your website website. Before going any further, let us begin by first understanding what are backlinks.
What Are Backlinks?
Also known as incoming or inbound links, backlinks refers to the links on one or more websites pointing back to a given website. In SEO, backlinks are important because they in one way or another represent a vote of confidence. Backlinks act as a signal to the search engines that other websites vouch for the content on your website, thus it’s important to pay attention to the quality of the links pointing back to your website.
When high ranking websites link to your website or the content on your website, Google will interpret that the content on your website is informative and worth linking to. Therefore, earning high quality backlinks will have a positive impact on your website’s overall ranking position, in turn improving it’s online visibility.
How to Build or Earn Backlinks To Your Website
Website traffic relates directly to the number and quality of backlinks that your website has. While backlinks are somewhat hard to get, there are still several ways of acquiring quality backlinks. They include;
- Guest posting: Guest blogging or posting is a great way of reaching a new audience. Look for websites that accept guest posting and then request to be a guest blogger on the website.
- The broken link method: Involves contacting webmasters and informing them of any broken links on their website, while recommending another website to replace the broken link.
- Building high quality backlinks through infographics: Create informative infographics and then make it easy to share them.
- Promote your content: Having great content is not enough. You should first ensure that you promote your content before contacting webmasters for backlinks.
- Build internal links: Internal links are also an important factor when it comes to website ranking. It’s important to create internal backlinks, as they help make your website easy to navigate through.
- Contact influential bloggers and journalists: Send your pitches directly to journalists and bloggers within your niche. You can use tools such as Thrust, Emailfinder and Voilanorbert to fish for email addresses.
- Get interviewed: Online interviews are a great way for spreading the word around. Once your website becomes a high authority website, you will be in a position to secure lots of online interviews. Interviews will make the process of securing backlinks quite simple as webmasters will be familiar with your name and what you do.
- Will seo get me new customers
- 4 stratergies to supercharge your online marketing
- How to create backlinks to your website
- What is SEO?